Past Forestry Events
2020 Forest Stewardship in Ukiah, January 11, 12 and 25, 2020
- December 13th, 2019: Chico State University’s Big Chico Creek Reserve, 3521 14 Mile House Rd, Forest Ranch, CA
- November 5th and 6th, 2019: Central Sierra Historical Museum, 42642 Tollhouse Road, Shaver Lake, CA 93664 2019 Prescribed Fire Workshops Shaver Lake
- October 18th and 19th, 2019: UC Berkeley Forestry Camp, 8091 Schneider Creek Rd, Meadow Valley, CA 95956. 2019 Prescribed Fire Workshops _Plumas flyer.
- October 10th, 2019, 9am - 4:30pm: American Legion Hall, 11401 American Legion Drive, Sutter Creek, CA 2019 Prescribed Fire Workshops Central Sierra
- October 8th, 2019, 9am - 4:30pm: Ambulance, Fire and EOC Facility, 18440 Striker Court, Sonora, CA. 2019 Prescribed Fire Workshops Central Sierra
- June 5 and 6, 2019 at Hollister Veteran’s Memorial Building, 649 San Benito St, Hollister, CA Prescribed Burn Workshop 6-5 & 6 2019 - San Benito County
- June 3, 2019 at Hopland Research and Extension Center, Hopland, CA HREC Rx Fire Workshop flyer_June 2019 (002)
- May 17 and 18, 2019 at at UC Berkeley's Blodgett Research Forest, Blodgett Prescribed Fire Workshop 5-17 to 18 2019
- November 9, 2018 at Bennett Valley Guild Hall, Santa Rosa, CA, Workshop flyer: Flyer for 11-9-2018 Sonoma Rx Fire Workshop
- October 2 and 4 2018 at Colfax Veterans Memorial Hall in Colfax (Placer County) and Ebbett’s Pass Fire District in Arnold (Calaveras County). Flyer for 10-2 & 10-4 2018 Prescribed Fire on Private Lands Workshops
- May 14 & 15 2018 at UC Berkeley's Blodgett Research Forest, Prescribed Fire on Private Lands Workshop 5-14 & 15-2018,
- May 16 & 17 2018 UC Sierra Foothill Research and Extension Center, Prescribed Fire on Private Lands Workshop 5-16 & 17-2018
- 2019 Fire Works curriculum workshop at Blodgett Research Forest August 1-2, 2019
2018 Fire Works curriculum workshop at Blodgett Research Forest April 13-14, 2018.
2009 Project Learning Tree Educator Training Workshop November 13, 2009 in Placerville held at the U.S. Forest Service, El Dorado National Forest PLT Flyer Fall 2009
2009 Project Learning Tree Educator Training Workshop, Three sessions - 2/2/09, 2/7/09 (high school students), and 3/21/09. PLT Workshop Flyer - Spring 2009
- 2015 April 3, 10, 13, 17, 24, May 7 and 15, California Forests and Greenhouse Gas Reduction Webinar Series
Sierra Nevada Adaptive Management Project
- 2008-2015 Science meetings, field trips, outreach presentations 2007-2015. http://snamp.cnr.berkeley.edu/
- Ties to the Land workshops on forest land succession planning in:
- October 2012/January 2013 Jackson, Sacramento
- October 2011/January 2012 Nevada City, Placerville, Sonora
- 2012- workshop on Identifying Spatially Explicit Reference Conditions for Forest Landscapes in the Lake Tahoe Basin, March 9th, 2012 in South Lake Tahoe.
- 2017 February 11th Auberry, March 22nd Mariposa, CA, April 7th Sonora, April 27th Oakhurst, May 31st Jackson, CA on reforestation after bark beetle caused tree mortality.
- 2012 Lake Tahoe Wildfire Awareness Week and webinar series
- 2011 Building on Science to Implement Landscape Level Treatments 2012 for Fire Resilience April 27th and 28th, 2011 in Sacramento
- Pre- and Post- fire Forest Management for Ecological Resiliency conference, February 9th, 10th, 11th in Sacramento. Fire Conference Agenda
- 2011 Lake Tahoe Wildfire Awareness Week and Summit on June 24th, 2011
- 2010 Lake Tahoe Wildfire Awareness Week and summit on July 9th, 2010
- 2018 Integrating Climate Change in California Cooperation Extension Programs Workshop, Feb 5th and 6th, Kearney.
- 2009 Symposium on Coping with Climate Change in Sierra Systems: Incorporating Climate into Land and Resource Management and Developing Adaptation Strategies. March 17-18, 2009.
- 2008 Vegetation Management in Sensitive Areas of the Tahoe Basin workshop, February 20-22, 2008, Incline Village
- Tahoe Aquatic Invasive Species Workshop , May 3rd and 4th, 2007 in Incline Village, NV. Tahoe Aquatic Invasive Species photo of event
- The Angora Fire: What will the future be? , November 3, 2007 in South Lake Tahoe Materials from the workshop
- Current Forest Science Research at University of California Berkeley - a Forestry Brown Bag lunch series January 28, February 25, March 25, April 22, May 20, June 17, 2013
- Forest Stewardship for Forest Landowner webinar series, October 19th, 26th, November 2nd, 9th, 16th, 30th, December 7th
- Board of Forestry and Fire Protection - Monitoring Study Group Meeting Minutes - June 24th held in South lake Tahoe
Snapshot Day, a collaborative citizen-based water quality monitoring event for the Tahoe and Truckee River watershed