- Growing Olives for Oil Production, 2012 pdf
- Olives - Sonoma County UCCE
- Olives - Fruit & Nuts Research, UC Davis
- Sample costs to establish a medium-density olive orchard & produce bottled olive oil - Sonoma County
- Blueberries, Fruit & Nuts Research, UC Davis
- Blueberries, UC Small Farm Program
- Growing Berries - The California Garden Web
- Soil Preparation and pH Management for Blueberries, UCCE Santa Maria
- Caneberries, Fruit & Nuts Research, UC Davis
Case Studies of LBAM and EGVM: Community Perceptions of Emergency Responses to Invasive Species in California
Posted 5/18/2013 - I encourage readers of this blog to peruse the attached file, written by Margareta Lelea, a post-graduate researcher at UC Davis, with Frank Zalom, Jim Greishop and Jennifer Sedell. This study, funded by a Cooperative Agreement between the USDA...
Posted 5/4/2013 - Slime molds, classified in the group called Myxomycetes, are primitive fungi that feed on dead or decaying organic matter and have elaborate life cycles. The mature fruiting bodies of slime molds are quite diverse and can appear as sheets, mounds,...
Another Fine Article on the Future of Farm Labor for California
Posted 5/1/2013 - An excellent article by the "Agricultural and Resource Economics Update" from the Giannini Foundation of Agricultural Economics of the University of California regarding the future of farm labor for California growers and...
LBAM Training Meeting
Posted 4/25/2013 - This is an announcement for a light brown apple moth (LBAM) training meeting to be held this coming May 9 at 40 Zils Road in Watsonville. The purpose of the meeting is for growers and others to obtain LBAM identification certification in...
Watsonville Strawberry Pomology Field Day, Tuesday May 7
Posted 4/18/2013 - The annual Watsonville Strawberry Pomology Field Day will take place this year on Tuesday, May 7. Talks will feature performance updates of recently released cultivars, research on soil diseases and a general pest management update. Agenda is...